- Sergei Rachmaninoff was not only a great composer, but he was also a:
- Great Violinist
- Virtuoso Pianist
- World renowned chef
***Rachmaninoff was not only a great composer and virtuoso pianist, he was also a conductor!
- Rachmaninoff’s secret weapon as a pianist was:
- His fast fingers
- His skills as a composer
- His long hours of practice
- His very large hands
- What do Rachmaninoff and basketball star Shaquille O’Neal have in common?
- They both played the piano
- Their hand span from pinky to thumb was the same size of 12 inches!
- They were both composers
- Rachmaninoff also gained acclaim as a conductor. Which orchestra did he NOT conduct?
- Bolshoi Theatre
- Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Berlin Philharmonic
- Moscow Private Russian Opera
***Rachmaninoff’s conducting debut was in 1897 when he conducted Samson and Delilah for the Moscow Private Russian Opera.
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini was premiered by the Philadelphia Orchestra with Rachmaninoff as soloist in which US city?
- New York
***The world premiere performance took place at the Lyric Opera House in Baltimore, Maryland in 1934.
- Rachmaninoff composed the 2nd Symphony in Dresden in the year:
***The 2nd Symphony was premiered in St. Petersburg in 1908.
- How old was Rachmaninoff when he composed his first piano concerto?
- How many concerts did Rachmaninoff perform from 1922 to 1923?